Long sleeves

Gestern habe ich endlich etwas Zeit gefunden, meine Berechnungen für den langen Ärmel für den Fair Isle Jumper zu überprüfen. Ich habe eine Seitennaht geheftet und den Ärmel eingesetzt. Nach der Anprobe war klar – es hat funktioniert. :)Die Änderungen gibt es weiter unten auf Englisch (wie ja auch das Original Strickmuster). Bevor es jemand übernimmt, rate ich allerdings dazu mit der eigenen Maschenprobe nachzurechnen und daran zu denken, dass ich extrem schmale Handgelenke habe.

A propos Nachrechen, ein kurzer Check mit der Küchenwaage hat ergeben, dass ich fast 100g Wolle je Ärmel brauche, dass heißt ich muss heute noch mal Wolle kaufen gehen. 😀

Yesterday I finally found some time to check if my sleeve calculations for a long sleeve on the Fair Isle Jumper were right. So I basted one side together and set the sleeve in. I tryed it on and it really works! 🙂

This is what I did: CO 47 sts and working the rib for 9cm on 2.5mm needles, changing to 3mm needles continuing in stockinette, increasing 1 st on each side of row on 3rd and every following 7th row until 95 sts. From there on I followed the pattern. Which really confused me with it’s stitch count. This time the instructions were right, but someone miscalculated the stitch count for the sleeve cap. After 95 – 77 – 63 it should read 35 – 19 instead of 49 – 33.

If you like to follow my notes, please keep in mind that I do have really small wrists. Thanks to my kitchen scale I also found out, that I need almost 100g (aka 2 balls) of yarn for one sleeve. So I have to buy some more yarn today ;).

Leave a Reply